AACTD’s structured independent study courses are open for enrolment several times a month. Students will complete their courses in either 8 or 12 week terms. Students are free to manage their schedule within their term, with a minimum enrollment per term of four weeks. Supported by academic staff, undergraduate students will be required to complete a minimum of 15 credit hours (or 4-5 courses) over a 12-month period. Graduate students will be required to complete a minimum of 12 credit hours (or 3-4 courses) over a 12-month period.
Courses are specifically designed for ultimate outcome, and they:
- Clearly state the course objectives.
- Lead students through each course with directions on what to do next.
- Contain lecture notes to explain difficult concepts.
- Include self-tests and practice exercises to help students prepare for graded exams.
- Use textbooks written by leading academic and industry experts to form the basis of each course.
- IT-related courses include professional software so students learn on the same software used in the industry.
|GENERAL||Structured Independent Study|
|Start times||Academic Calendar and Course Schedule|
|Length of courses||Courses will be completed in 8 or 12 weeks|
|ACTIVITIES||Structured Independent Study|
|Non-evaluated practice assignments||YES|
|Reading and research||YES|
|Group case studies||YES|
|Individual case studies||YES|
|Individual assignments for evaluation||YES|
|Group assignments for evaluation||YES|