The Diploma of Operations Management (DIP) program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in the operations management profession which includes quality management, supply management, planning and scheduling, and inventory management. The Diploma of Operations Management (DIP) program is offered online via distance learning. After evaluating both academic record and life experience, AACTD staff working in conjunction with Faculty and Academic Advisors will assist students in setting up a custom-made program, designed on an individual Dipsis. This flexibility to meet student needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our online program does not require all students to take the same subjects/courses, use the same books, or learning materials. Instead, the online Diploma of Operations Management (DIP) curriculum is designed individually by the student and academic advisor. It specifically addresses strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work. Understanding that industry and geographic factors should influence the content of the curriculum instead of a standardized one-fits-all design is the hallmark of AACTD’s unique approach to adult education. This philosophy addresses the dynamic and constantly changing environment of working professionals by helping adult students in reaching their professional and personal goals within the scope of the degree program.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AACTD programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example. Want to learn more about the curriculum design at AACTD?
Core Courses and Topics in Operations Management:
- Managerial Communications
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Precalculus Mathematics
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting
- Business Policy
- Principles of Management
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Seminar Administrative Development (Book Summary)
- Seminar Cultural Development (Practical Experience)
- Seminar International Development (Publications)
Research Project in Operations Management:
- Diploma Thesis Project
- MBM300 Thesis Proposal
- MBM302 Diploma Thesis (5,000 words)
- Publication:Each Diploma of Operations Management graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
Career Center Diploma of Operations Management
Skills for Success
- Can organize work
- Understands the work environment and can create a safe and healthful work environment
- Hires qualified workers who can do the job or can be trained/educated to perform the job
- Motivates and develops the workforce
- Effectively utilizes the resources available to create quality products and/or services
- Accomplishes his/her unit’s part in the mission of the organization
Employment Opportunities for Operations Management
Career opportunities for graduates with a degree in operations management include, but are not limited to, positions in technical operations, technical sales, municipal management, industrial management, industrial planning, design, customer relations, and personnel training and development.